1. Coats wasn’t fired because he was using a legal drug, marijuana, for a legitimate purpose for which he had a prescription. He was fired for violating workplace policy.
Coats was fired for violating workplace policy, not for using marijuana, a legal drug for which he had a prescription.
2. An employer isn’t able to fire a person who has anxiety because they are taking the correct medication to deal with the issue.
A person with anxiety cannot be fired for taking the correct medication to deal with their issue.
3. Employees don’t get fired for going out and having a few beers after work because alcohol is legal, but in Colorado so is marijuana.
In Colorado, employees do not get fired for having a few beers after work or smoking marijuana because both are legal.
4. Coats shouldn’t have been fired because he was trying to treat the pain he endured on a daily basis.
Coats was just trying to treat the pain he endured daily and should not have been fired.
5. It’s not fair to discriminate against him because he was able to ease the pain of his multiple spasms by using marijuana.
He was using marijuana to ease the pain of his multiple spasms. It is unfair to discriminate against him because of this.
6. Coats wasn’t harming anyone at his job because he was smoking marijuana but he was doing so on his own time and not at work.
Coats smoking marijuana was not harming anyone at his job as he was doing so on his own time and not while at work.
7. Omar Gonzalez didn’t penetrate deep into the White House because of the swift actions of Secret Service agents.
Because of the Secret Service agents’ swift actions, Omar Gonzalez could not penetrate the White House.
8. The Secret Service isn’t being compelled to explain its actions because of the way it responded to the breach of the White House, but how the breach occurred is under question.
The Secret Service is being compelled to explain how the breach of the White House occurred, not their response to the breach.
9. Secret Service chief Julia Pierson won’t be fired because of her testimony before Congress yesterday. Her incompetence might cost her her job though.
Julia Pierson will be fired because of her incompetence, not because of her testimony before Congress.
10. Secret Service agents didn’t use deadly force against the intruder because he was carrying a knife with a 4-inch blade.
Because the intruder was carrying a knife with a 4-inch blade, the Secret Service agents did not use deadly force against him.
So close to perfect, and beautifully phrased throughout, Cinderella.
Did the Secret Service refrain from deadly force because the intruder was carrying a knife? Your version says they did.